Thursday, November 6, 2008

McKenzie's Blessing

Steven's parents with Kenzie. We haven't gotten one with my parents yet, but we will.
Steven's side of the family. Lots of them huh?
Steven and I with Kenzie before we went to church. She wore the same dress and bonnet that I wore when I was blessed.

I'm starting to laugh at myself because as soon as we had a child our blog is now infested with her. I would always think when I saw other people's blogs, "why is everything about there kids?", now I am starting to understand. Oh wait, when you do get a kid that is what your whole life is about so what else is there to blog right? I just find it funny that I am "just one of them" also.

Well this last Sunday we blessed McKenzie. It was amazing. All of Steven's family was here except his brother Andy and his wife Johanna because she is due with a baby any day. It was so nice to have them all here and we are grateful for the sacrifices they made to come. We feel very loved and blessed that we have a family who will support us. Also, my whole side of the family was here except for Scott, Jamie, Ella, and little Cole who is only 2 days younger than McKenzie. We missed them very much and we thought about them often during that special day. We know you guys were here in spirit. Our house was full of over 40 people. I didn't know we could fit that many people in our home. It was crazy with many kids running around in and out of house, but it was great to have them all here. The weather cooperated and it wasn't too cold.

We had TONS of left overs from our baked potato bar. This is a problem of mine, I don't know how to cook for the right amount of people. Steven and I always have left overs for the next day because I have no clue how to cook for only 2 people. Just like last night, I made homemade mac and cheese and I made way to much cheese sauce so I cooked more noodles and ended up begging my brother's family to take it because we already had left overs from the first batch. I guess I'm just preparing for the larger family right? ha ha. It was all around a great day and I loved every second except when everyone had to go home.

The next day was my first day back at work which went really well. I was sad on the way driving there but when I got there it felt good to be back in an atmosphere that I am familiar with and love. I love being a nurse and seeing my patients again. I kept saying all day "I feel like I have an identity back." It's not that being a mom takes away my identity, just being a mom isn't familiar to me and I am still learning, where as being a nurse is familiar and I know what I'm doing I guess. I of course missed Kenzie but she is in very good hands, which makes it easier. I love being a mom and cherish each second I get to be with Kenzie. She is such a blessing in our life and we're so glad she's ours.

6 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Kenzie is so cute! You look really good.

Scott and Jamie said...

We are sorry we missed it, but looks like you had enough support! That's awesome. Kass you look really good. See you soon!

amber schmidt said...

Dang! Leftovers with 40 people! Kenzie makes a darling chili pepper!

Gina said...

How special that she wore your blessing dress! She looks darling and so do you..oh and I guess Steven too! I wish we could have come to the blessing, but I am glad you had so much family come. I love you and can't wait to see you sometime soon. We aren't coming for Christmas but I'm sure I'll come home in January or February so my family can actually see my baby.

Alysia Cook said...

We were so happy to see you guys and can hardly wait to see you at Christmas. Great pics, Kass, you do look fabulous and there are some pretty good looking Cook Grandkids, if I do say so myself.

Nicole Williams said...

Ok that is seriously one cute little baby!! I couldn't help but look at your blog, I love you guys and am so happy for you!! Hopefully I get to see you at christmas time so I can meet your little one!! Congrates!!

Love,
Nicole Williams