Friday, November 21, 2008

Cake disaster!!


The landslide of frosting!!

I love to bake and have always thought that I can bake pretty good, not as good as some, but decent I guess because I have never disasterized a recipe before. Well, I guess there always has to be a first. My dad's birthday was last week and he LOVES German Chocolate Cake, well, I decided to make him one once again, but this time completely from scratch. Well, it didn't turn out so well. For the cake I had to have 3 eggs and for the frosting I had to have 3 eggs, well guess what, I only had 3 eggs. I looked online and they said that a substitute is 1 tbsp of applesauce per egg, so i decided to try it. Well, the cake was so moist it fell completely apart when I tried to remove it from the pan to the cake stand, so I tried to piece it together. Then I made the frosting, with the 3 eggs, and it wouldn't thicken for some reason, so I let it cool and it still didn't thicken. So I just tried to spread it with what I had, well, it was soup like and just went everywhere. It completely fell apart and looked like a big blob. Though it was delicious, it went straight to the garbage. On Sunday I made my dad the cake again, this time with eggs in both recipes.

5 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How sad! I hate it when that happens. It is so discouraging. Kenzie is getting so big and what a cute smile. It looks like you guys are doing well.

Alysia Cook said...

hee hee

Janet said...

Wow! I can't even tell you how many times stuff like that has happened to me, and I don't even have a good excuse. I just seem to mess up everything I bake. We have just gotten used to eating disasters around here, haha!

Scott and Jamie said...

So the perfect Cook has had her first disaster... poor baby! :)

The High Family- said...

First of all, you are amazing. Me and Betty Crocker are close friends. I never make cakes from scratch. That cake does look yummy. Give Cade and Dallin 5 minutes with it and they could make it disappear.