Sunday, April 17, 2011

I swear I AM optimistic!!!!

So after my last post I got way too much of "that sounded like an awful day, is everything OK?" Don't get me wrong I feel pretty loved that so many people around me are concerned, but I didn't mean to concern you all so much. I just had to write that day/week down in detail so that I can look back at it someday and laugh about it. It was just one of those "no good, very bad days" which we all have had our fair share of I'm sure. I just think it's funny how literally EVERYTHING was not in my favor that day. ha ha. I promise I'm laughing about it now and I swear I'm an optimistic person.
So these last two weeks without a car have been difficult, I won't lie, but alsoa huge blessing. It has been quite nice outside so having my bike/trailer as my main transportation hasn't been so bad. I've gotten several waves from neighbors and friends and have enjoyed the exercise since I haven't been able to go to the gym. I won't lie, the my rear end is quite sore from sitting on the bike seat so often, but it's good for me right? Kenzie and Aubree love to go on "bike rides" and enjoy looking outside and going over the bumps. We have gone to several places with the ensemble (bike/trailer) and it has worked great. My bike trailer has a compartment in the back of it and can hold quite a good amount of stuff. We went to the grocery store and just bought a few things. We are so blessed to be near so many places. Convenience stores, grocery stores, friends, family, and parks to play.
I'm hoping our vehicle will be fixed soon. Steven and a friend of his who has a shop has done some research and the problem that we are having has to do with a recall on Trailblazers so we are being very blessed there. Soon we can go about our normal daily routine, but I will enjoy this little difference in it for now. It has forced me to be more creative with time that I spend with my children, I've baked a ton of things I've wanted to try (oh maybe that's why with all the bike riding I haven' lost any weight), I've started on several projects I've wanted to get to, and my children are taking naps/bedtime right when they should. Maybe the "olden day" of doing things isn't soo bad.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Haha! I wasn't too concerned, does that make you feel better? :) JK
I love that you're riding your bike around. That's so cute, but I hope your car gets fixed soon.

Tiffani said...

Kassie we can all learn from you! Yes, you are lucky to be so close to everything...I am feeling it out here.

The Gilley's said...

You know dear friend, that I can have car and can take you anywhere, any afternoon. Pleas edon't hesitate to call!

Scott and Jamie said...

You are, way optimistic... but life can hit hard. But what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger, and you are one strong amazing woman! Love you tons.

The High Family- said...

You really are incredible! Cameron and I were talking about you and Steven the other day and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Just love you guys and are always so impressed by your faith and optimism You are one strong momma!