Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good bye!!!:(


So a couple of weeks ago I attended a workshop for the primary board callings in our stake. I was currently the primary chorister and was anxious to hear of new ideas and help from other choristers in the stake. After the workshop I felt rejuvenated and re-energized to do things better, invite the Spirit more, and some other fun ideas to teach songs. As soon as I walked in the door Steven handed me his cell phone, it was Brother Gold from the bishopric calling and asking to meet with me that very night. I said, sure come on over, wondering why in the world he would need to see me. Well, we sat down, chatted a bit, and bam, he released me from my calling of primary chorister. I tried to keep my composure, but I couldn't hold it in. I just started to ball. I cried right in front of him and everything. I have to admit, I didn't want to be released and I thought that I wasn't going to be released either because the primary president and I spoke about it before this happened and we figured out a way that it could work. I then heard that he spoke with her and my husband to see what they thought about me being released...Steven said "yeah I could see that coming, but she will be disappointed." And the Primary President said "please no." Well, they released me anyway. I know that this isn't a very good attitude, but it is really hard. Heavenly Father is slowly and surely helping me to feel at peace with this.

Last week as I was sitting in sacrament meeting I looked around at those childrens' faces and I just started to get choked up. I feel so connected and attached to them. They helped build my testimony so much. Their hugs each week and smiling faces just made me so happy. I will miss them dearly, but know that Heavenly Father has another plan for me. This isn't the end of callings...ha ha...and my calling as a wife and mother right now is more important the my calling as primary chorister, is what my wise husband keeps telling me, and he's right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about watching those little kids sing. I'm the Pianist and I have a hard time not getting choked up during their new song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."

Scott and Jamie said...

Well, that gets me pumped to get more into Primary. I haven't had this spiritual experience about serving in Primary yet... so hopefully I will like yourself. So, what's your new calling?

Courtney and Tyson said...

What a bummer! The kids came into relief society last week and sang for mothers day and I cried. I don't even know the kids so I can understand you getting teary! Steven is right, you do have an important calling!

heather said...

Man, that is too bad. I bet you were so good too. Do you know what your new calling will be?

Tiffani said...

You were awesome in your calling, I loved music time for the short time I was in Primary. You were fun and energetic. I don't hear many people crying when they are released from Primary - it had a special place in your heart and it showed!