Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Has Finally Happened


So the whole life of McKenzie I have worried about her sleeping schedule. When she naps, goes to bed, etc. I guess, what any typical mom does. She is just like her momma and needs her sleep, so I have really tried hard to help her sleep well. Well, I am a mother, so I have found out that loves to rock Kenzie to sleep. I love the cuddling and being able to see her drift off to sleep. I finally was done with HAVING to rock her to sleep. I have tried several times since she was about 5 mo to just let her cry herself to sleep, but she would never do it, and personally I had a hard time too. I guess it is the first time mom syndrome. Well, Kenzie is almost 9 mo and I finally can just lay her in her crib and she cries for maybe 1.2 seconds ands she goes right to sleep. It took some time and long nights, but she finally does it. I am so excited about it. It makes life so much easier I can't believe it. Sorry I had to write about something so boring, but this is a huge deal for me.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Hooray! What great news! It is so much nicer being able to just lay them down. I can't wait to see you soon!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

YEA!! Having them cry themselves to sleep is really hard. I'm glad she is doing it by herself now!

Suzie Koskella said...

That is so great! It makes life and sleeping so much better!

Emily said...

The most beautiful time in a mother's life!! Congrats on a major feat conquered!

Jeff and Laura said...

That is awesome! Don't you just love it. I know what you mean about having a hard time listening to them cry themselves to sleep! Jack needs to come see his little girlfriend...she is growing up so fast and is becoming quite the fox!

{d + l + p} said...

yeah! sooo awesome! :)

Mary and Stan Cook said...

Congrats! This will also be helpful for granparents trying to put her sweetness to sleep!

Corinne said...

Oh, congratulations! I went through the same thing with Ethan. I'm glad you guys are through with it.

The High Family- said...

That is wonderful. It makes such a difference for you and her. Your little one is growing up. I need to see her before she starts walking or something crazy like that. Love ya Kasserole!

Gina said...

Anybody home McFly? Earth to Kassie. I want to hear about your cute self and girlie.