Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ohhhh



There is nothing sweeter than Kenzie sleeping. In the morning she sometimes gets lucky and gets to sleep in our bed, especially when Steven doesn't have to work until later and I am already at work. She is so peaceful and cute. She loves to be sat up on her dad's pillow and watch cartoons. Yes, I know we're bad parents because we let her watch TV, but hey she only really watches it for like 2 minutes then she wants attention of elsewhere.

I can't believe how fast she is growing. At her 6 mo appt this month she was 19 lbs 3 oz and 27 inches long, in which both are in the 95th percentile. She's our chunky monkey. She is so much fun. She babbles all day saying "da da" "ba ba" and lots of other gibberish I don't understand. She loves her toys and sitting up right now. She'll be happy for about 45 minutes with me just putting her on the floor where I am at and playing with toys, it's pretty nice. But I do have to be in the room. If I leave, she starts to cry. Yes, the separation anxiety has already set in. Oh boy...any pointers on how to get over this one?? I'm all ears. We're excited for her to have her first Easter Egg Hunt this weekend and get to wear her Easter dress. She our little princess and we're so excited she's ours.

7 comments:

heather said...

Wow, she is really growing up fast. I wish Marissa weighed more. She barely weighs 20 pounds and is almost 18 months old!
So about the separation anxiety...can't help you on that one. My kids still cry when I leave them. If you get any tips let me know.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

There is nothing better than a sleeping baby! I love it!

Alysia Cook said...

I love her!!! I am officially going to refer to her as my 2nd daughter...Kaylee will be so excited!!!

Scott and Jamie said...

She is looking more and more like Steven in each picture I see of her! oh wow. So, at Cole's 6 mo apt. last week he weighed 19.13oz but today at his sick apt (double ear infection... boo!) he weighed 20.10oz, what the heck? His clothes were not THAT heavy! I'm looking forward to an Easter Dress pic. of Kenzie!

The High Family- said...

Love that girl. She really is precious. I do tell people that I am her aunt, sad I know. Oh ya, I need ideas for your birthday!

{d + l + p} said...

turns out i haven't checked yr blog in FOR-E-Ver, and I have MISSED SO MUCH!!! I cannot get over how strikingly beautiful she is. She has the most AMAZING bright blue eyes. Yeah, for sitting-up, and sucking her thumb!!! We need to hang out asap. :)

Corinne said...

Aw, so sweet!