Thursday, February 26, 2009

Disney World 2009

Kenzie and I in front of the "Tiki Room." Notice Kenzie's cute hair bow. A friend in my ward made it for her, sooooo cute, had to have a Mickey bow!!
Here is Kenzie asleep in Planet Hollywood. She was so tired she slept through that extremely loud music!!! Steven put blankets by her face to cover her ears.
Alysia (my sis-in-law) in Epcot walking through world showcase.
When we went to eat at a Japanese place in Epcot where they cook the food in front of you, they gave Steven a b-day hat and a yummy cake.
This is Kenzie's face during the firework show at Magical Kingdom, she thought it was pretty cool, can you tell by her face. Also, notice how wrapped up she is. I bet Disney World made millions of dollars on hot chocolate that night.
Family pic in front of the good 'ol traditional Mickey in front of Magical Kingdom.
Kenzie's first ride. She thought it was pretty fun. She was talking and laughing.


Yes I realize I am a little late on this post but we forgot our camera in Florida. My dear sister-in-law mailed it to us and we're very excited to look at our memories again and wish we were there, again!!!
The week went by so stinkin' fast. We have been saving and planning for this since Christmas 2007. The week finally came, and it went way too fast. We started out the week going to Hollywood Studios which was a blast, the rockin' roller coaster was my favorite. Also, it was pouring rain outside. We were wearing ponchos and all!! It would not stop all day long, so we had to cut that day short in which Steven and his nephews and nieces went swimming at the condo instead. Then Tuesday we went to Sea World (my personal favorite) It was a little cold, but not too bad. The whale, dolphin, and sea lion shows were awesome. If we ever get to go back I'm paying that large amount of money to swim with the dolphins. That has been a dream of mine ever since I can remember. On Wednesday we went to Animal Kingdom, it was freezing cold that day, but little did we know it wouldn't be the coldest. We bundled up the best with what we had and kept havin' fun. Thursday we went to Magical Kingdom, what a blast but it was 36 degrees. Freezing, especially for Florida!! Wish I would have worn/brought my Idaho clothes. We had a blast that day with seeing all the kids have fun and enjoy the rides. Kenzie even got to go on a few. My favorite was Space Mountain, roller coaster in the dark, doesn't get better. Friday we went to Epcot and had some seriously good food, but we needed a whole other day there to do everything...it was fun. The last day we were there it was Steven's b-day too. What a deal, this kid has spent his birthday in Hawaii and Disney World, we're all jealous. We went back to Magical Kingdom, repeated rides we loved, enjoyed my last delicious funnel cake and met Michael Douglous and Kathryn Zeta Jones and they're kids on splash mountain. We ended the week with an awesome meal at Planet Hollywood and some shopping in downtown Disney where we spend all our last pennies. It was so much fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Kenzie was sooo good the whole time, probably because she got so much attention from all sorts of people. One lady came up to us and said "oooo muy bonita." It was so cute. Also, it was to our advantage to have Kenzie there because we got baby switch passes which have no time limit on them and you can take 3 people with you through the fast pass lane. We were very strategic about getting our fast passes and not waiting in lines. We probably waited 20min in our longest line, all thanks to Collin and Alysia for having such good skills in that category. We also thank Scott and Kristen and the kidiots (especially Christopher) for letting us stay in their condo with them for 1 week, even with a crying baby. And Stan and Mary helping us out in more ways than one. We had the best week of our lives!!!!

8 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How fun! I am way jealous. It looks like you guys had a great time. Kensie is so cute.

Jonny and Kara said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait til we can take a vacation again...someday. How are you? You look so great! My pregnancy is going good, just ready to be done! Did you happen to get my email/invite last week??

{d + l + p} said...

omg. great post! Love the pictures!!! steven, lucky jerk, yeah- i have spent 3 of my last 5 birthdays MOVING. : )

SO glad you guys had a good time and kenzie did well!!! happy b-day steven. take luck.

Davis Family said...

Kassie!!! I didn't know you had a blog! Which means that I've only dreamed of picturing what your little baby looks like. She is soooooo cute!! I seriously miss all of the time we spent together up at school. You look like you are having a fabulous time being mommy, good for you!
Kelli Davis

Scott and Jamie said...

Finally some pics! Looks like you all had a blast, but that was inevitable. So glad you guys were able to go on a fun vacation! We gotta do this with our Thompson Family someday!

The High Family- said...

Such fun pictures! I love Kenzie's mickey flower headband. She is so big Kass. I need to see her. We really should come and visit ya. Tell me when and I will pack up my munchkins and be on our way!! Love ya!

Gina said...

What a fun trip! I love Kenzie's bow, so adorable! Miss you!

heather said...

Hey Steebs and Kassie...we found your blog through Alysia's and now we can stalk you from Vegas. You can stalk us too by checking out ours. Peace out...
Willie and Heather