Saturday, June 26, 2010

Soooooooo frustrated!!!

I wish I was here and not sitting in my office at my computer a week later after contractions have started and NO baby yet. Starting last Saturday, I would contract consistently when I was up and moving or walking, but nothing sitting down. That lasted until about Wednesday night, I woke up a couple of times from contractions, and then nope nothing. I had a doctors appt on Thurs and she apparently stripped my membranes. This kinda felt like things were going to move along, I had such high hopes that this would push me over the edge and help me out. But once again, nothing, just inconsistent contractions, but hard ones might I add. So again today, I had my membranes stripped, now this was the real deal. I wanted to climb off the table, I knew that Dr. Hodges had done something to help me get along. So here I sit, 75% effaced, 3cm, +1 station. Contractions are still not consistent, but oh boy am I tired. I don't think I've ever been this tired in my whole existence. It's amazing how contracting inconsistently for 1 week can make you sooo exhausted. Seriously, come on already. So I think I finally get the clue....she's not ready yet. This is hard for me to except because to be honest, I didn't really plan my life past this last Thursday when they stripped my membranes for the first time. All of my friends and family who have had this done, boom, they went into labor like 4-12 hours after they had this procedure. I guess I'm only 6 hours out, so I guess there is still hope, but I don't think anything more is gonna happen. I guess I'll go on with my life like I normally would and just plan for an induction next weekend. Thanks for listening!!! :)

6 comments:

Scott and Jamie said...

I think anyone who has been pregnant before knows how you feel. You want her here more than anyone else in the world wants her here... She'll be here soon and hanging in there is the hardest part, I know. We love you and can't wait for the big event.

Gina said...

Oh Kassie, that sounds awful! But she'll be in your arms soon! I'm coming for a visit in a month so I CAN NOT WAIT to see her and hold her! (and see YOU of course) Mollie and Kenzie will have to have a playdate! So cute.
Make sure you let me know when the big news happens.
Sure do love you!

Jaimee said...

Hang in there Kassie! I went through a similar experience with my second but I think the more you go through before the easier the actual event is. Your body is just doing some serious warm-ups! :)

Michelle Price said...

Yay-heard the news! Congrats! Can't wait ti meet her!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Sounds like the waiting is over! That is so rude of her to play tricks on you like that! I can't wait for your next post!

Tiffani said...

No more waiting!