Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kenzie's 1st birthday, what the!!!????

The shirt says chatterbox, if you know Kenzie at all you know she consistently jabbers no stop. So this shirt is very fitting
Grandpa and Grandma Cook even came from Blackfoot for the party
She loved the paper, go figure!!
The strawberry outfit. Yes matching hair bow that my friend Jennifer make her and of course a matching bracelet
The awesome cake!!! Thanks Megan
She snarfed that cake right up

So Kenzie turned 1 on September 18th. Looking back at this last year, it is the fastest year of my entire life. I don't even know where it went it went by so fast. I still remember the day that she was born like it was yesterday. The first time I got to hold her, when Steven and I named her, when Steven saw her for the first time, that first little cry I heard, the first time I saw her and those beautiful lucious lips, and most of all the cutest face I have ever seen. I remember her first smile, first laugh, first time saying dada. It just seems like it wasn't very long ago. My baby is growing up.
I decided to make her birthday a strawberry theme since she loves strawberries. My wonderful friend Megan helped me make cute invites and an awesome cake. The party was with family and a few friends, nothing big, just another reason to get together I guess. Plus, Kenzie didn't even know what was going on, she just knew she was opening presents, playing a lot, and eating a whole lot of cake. She was a little cranky because she didn't take her 2nd nap so we all just kept saying "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to." Very fitting, but she enjoyed the day and fell asleep very fast that night in Grandpa Cook's arms, she was wasted after an evening of fun. Good food and good company, couldn't have been better.

4 comments:

Alysia Cook said...

You really know how to throw a great party...the invites were adorable, the cake is awesome, and of course, Kenzie looks so CUTE!!! I wish we could have been there!

Kiley said...

That is the cutest cake!! Cute party! Wish I could have been there too! Happy Birthday Kenzie!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm with you time has FLOWN by! It's been fun though. It looks like it was a cute party

Scott and Jamie said...

Glad you had a fun party for her, sad to miss it. Good job on the cake!